Most people will experience trauma in their lifetime whether it’s a car accident, abuse or neglect, the sudden death of a loved one, a violent criminal act, exposure to the violence of war, or a natural disaster.
Unresolved trauma can leave a person with deep emotional pain, fear, confusion, or posttraumatic stress for many years. I have specific training in trauma informed therapy and can provide the support, guidance, and assistance essential to healing from trauma.
Symptoms of trauma include but are not limited to:
- Avoiding specific locations, sights, situations, and sounds that serve as reminders of the event
- Anxiety, depression, numbness, or guilt
- Intrusive thoughts, nightmares or flashbacks
- Anger, irritability, and hypervigilance
- Aggressive, reckless behavior, including self-harm
- Sleep disturbances
Negative Mood and Cognition Symptoms
- Loss of interest in activities that were once considered enjoyable
- Difficulty remembering details of the distressing event
- Change in habits or behavior since the trauma
Whether your symptoms are shown above or if your wounds have taken a different form, healing is possible. If you are ready to begin healing and to feel hopeful, contact me today for a free consultation.