Wondering if you are addicted? Need help sorting out the role alcohol plays in your life? Pain meds? Gambling? Family and friends concerned about your choices?
Addiction symptoms and behaviors include, among others:
- Feeling the need to use the drug regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get the drug, such as stealing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Failed attempts to quit using the drug
If you can relate to any of the above symptoms or behaviors, it may be time to consider addiction counseling.
I have years of experience as an addiction counselor and I can help you address the symptoms of your addiction as well as the areas of your life that have suffered as a result of that addition.
I believe that there are many paths to successful recovery that will work with your goals and desires, and ensure you can make the life changes you want to make.